Saturday, October 3, 2015

September: Juwan Alston

September: what are your personal or professional goals for this coming school year/season?

New Beginnings in the Queen City

Well as many of you know, I am no longer in school at UNCSA. That was a very hard decision for me to make but I definitely do not regret it one bit. Dancing at the Charlotte Ballet has been such a wonderful experience. It has been quite an adjustment going from being a student to a professional, but I am definitely learning so much. That my fellow company members are so inspiring and each has such different strengths. I absolutely love being able to watch the way that they move, and the way that they work. All of the dancers and the staff are so kind and extremely welcoming, it has made this major change/move very smooth.

This season is a time of growth and change. I want to find ways to continue challenging myself, and keeping my technique very clean. I also want to continue discovering and developing myself as an artist. I want to continue adjusting to life as a professional. I want to find ways to become more involved in the community of Charlotte in any way that I can. I want to learn to find balance in life outside of dance, that way I don’t burn out. While I have all of these goals and expectations for myself, the most important one is to simply enjoy my life. I want to have fun and really grasp that I don’t have to be all work, all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment